Monday, April 14, 2014

Pictures Overload: Oriole Cafe & Bar; Sky on 57 :)

A few weeks back, it was time to celebrate the special day of one of my angels :)
We hope you love our little gift, cause we seriously think you are in need of a new wallet haha!
xoxo!
96 Somerset Road
Singapore 238163

It was a tough one to find a cafe that operates on a monday, but glad I found one! Reviews were not bad however, it was mediocre in my opinion! The company definitely compliments over the mediocre food! :)
We love you, our angel! :)
A random morning where he painstakingly woke up real early to make breakfast for me! =D
And yes everyone, I'm attached :) Thank you all for the blessings! :)
Me and my lovely bouquet of tulips! =D
OFTD: Tank top from Zara
Splatter Skirt from LoveKaisy
Givenchy Antigona
Salvatore Ferragamo Flats
Happy us heading for Dinner =D
Hot Appetizer: 
Signature Foie Gras Xiao Long Bao
Soup:
 Mushroom Cappuccino
Starter:
 Sauteed Maine Lobster 'Marco Polo'
Hot Appetizer:
Tempura of Stuffed Soft Shell Crab, micro greens and spring vegetables, spicy Lobster Emulsion
His Main:
Slow roasted Australian aged grain fed beef, 
sauteed Maine Lobster in Asian Black Pepper Sauce

My Main: 
Wild mushroom Risotto sauteed Maine Lobster, duck foie gras

Symphony of Dessert
My Verdict: 9/10
I loved everything about Sky on 57! We selected a few from the ala-carte menu. Our Hot Appetizers are surprisingly good. It was my first at Foie Gras XLB. The taste was alittle overwhelming at first, and I would prefer the traditional XLB. However, thinking back now, it was really a mouthful of goodness! Stuffed Soft Shell Tempura has a surprisingly richness of flavours in the mouth with each bite! Yums! I have a love for mushroom soup and this was not bad. We ordered Maine Lobster Marco Polo as our starter and it was awesome!!! I totally love the taste, texture and freshness of the lobster cooked in Aglio Olio Style! Totally wish I can have a portion of this infront of me now! *Saliva Drooling*
Our mains were not disappointing too! Anything with foie gras I will definitely give it a try! My risotto is full of the richness from the different mushroom types available! The lobster was also fresh and the mixture of everything together, I was in love! hee!
Lastly, we order Symphony of Desserts for 2 pax. It was a surprise as we do not know what was planned for us. We loved the different 'mini' desserts placed for us! The dark chocolate is so rich and not sweet at all, definitely to my palette! I will never forget the mini Chocolate lava Cake! Yums! 
I want to go back for more, shall we my dear? Hee =D
 
The night ended with sweet indulgence. The boy got me my fave laduree Macaroons and Moet! 
Thank you for coming into my life and loving me :)

Till then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment