Monday, July 9, 2012

NDP Preview 2012 and Internship

Headed out for NDP Preview 2012 last sat as my friend has tix to spare :)
Well, food always come first =) crepes!!


Look at this HUGE Oreo Ice Cream Sandwich! But the biscuit ain't that crispy though =(


Have to be seated by 430pm and woohoo, after squeezing with tons of singaporeans, we are finally at our seats! =)


First time watching NDP Preview when its raining mad! No Red Lions and F16 this year =(



My recent loves =)

Newly bought Balenciaga Bracelet in the loveliest purple shade this season =)


Recent OFTDs! Love the topshop peplum top MH and Veron dears help me buy de! =D Cutting is super flattering! Match it with a black fitted skirt and gold accessories! =) Received my issey pleat dress in french red on BO from smoochsg! Its really feminine but feels funny with the protruding lining! Match it with classic black accessories;)

As those who know me, you will know I have started my internship at this chemical commercial laboratories company from this monday. It's located very far from my area and it has been waking up at 530am and reaching home at 9pm daily cause of the countless OTs. It was tough adjusting to this life. Alot of manual labor tedious work and handling with dangerous chemicals. Really different from what we learn in school. I was attached to the environmental dept, something I didnt learn much about in university.

Pounding soil using motar and pestle, sieving the soil samples, handling reactions on sample preparation. Thumbs went numb, muscles went aching, bones went breaking and acid dropping on skin leaving permanent scar. Not a job any normal girl will think of. I always went home sweating and sticky, no dressing up etc..reached home tired beat, so i just bathe and slp..that's gonna be my daily routine life for the next 5 months etc..

Enough of rants, I am still thankful for this internship placement. It's a great learning opportunity though pay is at its minimal. Working life is not easy and I finally experience it. It's really different from those deskbound jobs OLs. I'm starting to appreciate any available precious time and TGIF!!

I really miss my time with my shopaholics, my kbox singing and more..Thank you everyone for the kind wishes for me all these while on twitter =)

Till the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment